Our state of the art facility boasts a number of features
- Floor to ceiling windows flooding the space with natural light
- True Bikram Heat and oxygenated air flow
- All airborne contaminants are removed
- Amazing large showers with plenty of hot water and lots of elbow room
- Conveniently located just 1 minute from the Piccadilly Line Holloway Road tube station and 7 minutes from the Victoria Line and overground Highbury & Islington station
High-tech fresh air and ventilation system
- No cheap ceiling panels here (which only heat your head)
- Extensive filtration system that removes pollutants from the air - such filtration is normally only found in pharmaceutical laboratories.
- Oxygen control - automatically controlling the amount of fresh air coming in. So we don't need to open windows which lets in dirty unfiltered air.
- Computerised temperature and humidity ensuring perfect Bikram Yoga conditions even in winter when the outside temperature is -5ºC
why we are so proud of our Oxygen Control
We are one of very few studios in the UK that controls the oxygen level within the hot room.
Our custom designed heating system continuously monitors and maintains the oxygen level within the yoga studio, enabling your body to work more effectively.
Medical studies have shown that when exercising, the human body can perform 35% better with a good supply of oxygen – burning more calories each minute you exercise. The cleaner the air, the better.
Our unique heating system ensures the air is always fully oxygenated with airborne contamination, allergens and impurities removed.
In addition both the heat & humidity within the room are maintained at precisely the correct level for optimum full body workout, never too high and never too low. We don’t have to open doors or windows to reduce the humidity because our system maintains perfect humidity constantly.
At a cellular level, your body creates energy by combining nutrients with oxygen.
Remember your school science lessons? The formula goes like this:
Glucose + Oxygen = ATP (Energy) + Carbon dioxide
This fundamental, life-sustaining equation, highlights the incredibly important role that your lungs play.
In order for you to exercise effectively you need a steady supply of oxygen entering your blood.
It takes time for the human body to recover from oxygen exhaustion during exercise. Once it happens within a Bikram class it is very hard to complete the class strongly.
You need oxygen to exercise effectively.